Saturday, September 29, 2012

The thrills of being a teacher

As a school teacher little darlings walk into my class with things to share with me.  Sometimes it is really good things like an apple or a chocolate bar.  I even got a huge cupcake and flowers on my Birthday, which I loved and they made me feel extra special.  But, then there are other things that they share with me that I really don't want.  Two weeks ago my little Jasmine shared the flu with me and this last week another cutie shared bronchitis.  Needless to say I have been feeling really awful and I have become obsessed with cleaning my hands.  I have stations of hand sanitizer all over my room to try and cut back on disease, but it just isn't working.  I also feel like I have no immune system these days.  Unfortunately I had parent teacher conference this last week before I knew how sick I was.  I felt pretty awful, but as soon as I could I made it to the doctor (sadly that day was my Birthday), he prescribed me a lot of wonderful drugs that have helped a ton.  So, I'm slowly feeling better and better, and if my students stop sharing I have a feeling I will be back to normal one day.

2 comments:

  1. Dirty kids. I always felt so gross when I would go home from teaching. I hope the sickness can stop! And what do you mean by normal? ;) I don't think you're going to be feeling normal for a very long time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that it might take a few months for normalcy, but it's all I have to get me through this. :)

    ReplyDelete