Thursday, August 2, 2012

Bryce Canyon

One of Kelly's favorite places to go is Bryce Canyon so we went the beginning of June.  It was gorgeous, just like Kelly told me it would be.  The rock formations were incredible.  We stayed in cabins in the Kodachrome State Park.  It was about 12 miles away from Bryce Canyon.  Kadachrome was a really fun place to visit as well.  The cabins were 12 miles away from the nearest town so we would bbq every night on the grill.  The only thing that I didn't like was one of our hikes when we came across a  rattlesnake. I jumped back about 40 feet and then circled the area to try and avoid it.  Kelly thought it was super cool, so he froze, after it rattled at us, and then stood still to watch it slither away.  He told me later that it was a baby and it could have killed us if it bit us.  We were miles away from other people, so we would have been fairly in trouble.  The other issue we had was that the beds in the cabin were really small so my feet would hang off and Kelly's feet (since he's 6'4") were way off.  It made it a little hard to sleep.   We hiked about 10-15 miles everyday and my body felt like that of an 80 year old woman when we got back home.  When did I get so old?  It was hard to come back and deal with real life again.  







No comments:

Post a Comment